Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Praise God for giving me diligence and helping me to catch up at work! Thank you Lord. It could not have been done in my own strength: the day was fully booked, 3 reports to dictate, and 4 to correct & send out, plus call backs and being tired from planting trees the night before.
2. The boys found a praying mantis in the back yard the other day and made him a "home" in an open box, with grass, water, and shade. Its fun to meet the creatures in the yard, we've also found a few caterpillars.
3. Five shade trees planted, and five to go! Check out www.energycenter.org for your free shade trees, these are available thru December 2008 or the 14,000 trees are given away.
4. woohoo! our 11 year wedding anniversary is this week, and grandma already blessed us with a loving card and an offer to babysit (she lives 3 hours away. that's love ;)
5. I'm looking forward to the upcoming week of prayer. wanna join me ? check out www.weekofprayerandfasting.org.
2 Chron 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
6. The cooler weather is such a blessing!
7. Harvest time is so fun. I'm trying to keep everyone rested and healthy cuz I'm looking forward to an all school field trip to a pumpkin farm and apple picking this coming week.
8. Still trying to take better care of myself - this week adding on drinking more water, to daily breakfast :)
9. about 400 walking steps from my car to my desk at work. random thought. i was counting on my way in.
10. off to plant more trees with my hubby...... have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. OOh, OOh, Sarah found a praying mantis at a local park- it was SO cool. I have lots of photos, I should have posted one. They're interesting, aren't they?

    Happy ANniversary to the two of you!! Blessings and love, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You and Pete are an inspirational couple to Vic and I. May you enjoy your time celebrating this wonderful occassion!

    ReplyDelete