Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. It's been a week since my parents left on vacation; it's helped us to renew our appreciation for you family and friends. The boys also talk about how they miss grandma, lolo and lola.

2. We've offered our house up to the Lord again. We believe that the big picture is that it's God's plan for us to be out of financial bondage (mortgage debt, auto debt, etc) and it will be His way (not our way), so we aren't deciding on having a mortgage...He will. We plan on it sitting on the market as God fulfills his plan for us to stay or go.

3. We are on a one year waitlist for affordable housing.

4. I am taking better care of myself -- right now, focusing on trying to eat breakfast each day.

5. last week, our preschool class took a fieldtrip to the local Creation Museum and it was such a special time. One new thing we learned: how God made light (before he created the sun, moon & stars). Back to school nite was this week too and we enjoyed the class singing for us and sharing their work.

6. Thanks to my sister for loving and caring for our boys as we went out on the town on for Employee Appreciation Nite for my husband's work. We really enjoyed ourselves! Great catered food - an italian station, a mexican cuisine station, a crudite, coffee & dessert station. Several rooms of entertainment - Casino magic, karaoke, live jazz band, DJ spinning Hip Hop.

7. the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park could use everyone's patronage as it supports them financially. We'll be heading over there more often now :)

8. We made a home made snow globe with an empty twist bottle, water & glitter. fun!

9. I'd love to spend some time in the back yard with the family so we can re-focus on caring for our plants.

10. The boys and I enjoyed having a chance to talk about how God is always with us at times we are disappointed that things didn't turn out as expected.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the comment you left on my blog, I was blessed!!

    So nice to now read about you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad when you post, G. I miss you! And, I'm so glad your sister was able to help out with the night out- so important for you and Pete to still get out together sans kids!

    ReplyDelete