Friday, December 2, 2011

Everything

Yesterday I was seeking the Lord and what He had for me, in study of Genesis 37. I was contemplating Joseph in the pit, envisioning Joseph seeing and knowing God is with him. What is that like? So, I've been asking the Lord, what I am to "take home" from the lesson.

I was brought back to a favorite song of mine. When my heart has been "in the pit", this song has consistently softened my heart. The words are awesome and so pertinent for each of us in those times.  Here are some of the words that the song allows my heart to sing to the Lord.....
{Imagine being in the dark while speaking to the Lord}

Find me here. Speak to me. I want to hear you. I want to feel you.
I need to hear you.
You are the light
that's leading me
to the place
where I find peace
again.
You are the strength
that keeps me walking.
You are the hope 
that keeps me trusting.
You are my purpose.
You are everything.
How can I stand here with you and not be MOVED by YOU?
Would you tell me 
how could it be 
any better 
than this?"

What could be better than being in the presence of the Lord? (big grin)

The cool "tie in" is that when I watched the video, the background is all black, like Joseph would see in the pit. Watch the video by clicking here Praise God, right?!? When Joseph was in the pit, God was with him, and had a purpose. Joseph was not alone there, being thrown in by the only family he had known. He cried out and many of his brothers ignored his pleas in their cruelty.  

When I am in a "pit", there comes a time that I realize it is time to give the burdens to the Lord. What Joy I feel then! Thank you Jesus. His yolk is "easy" and the burden light (something like that). At these times, keep leaning on His peace. As we wrestle rightly we are learning to walk through pain and emotions. 

The Lord wants me to process the emotions and give them to Him. That is the depth of His love. The capacity of the pain or hurt I may feel, He will carry it for me.  I've grown much in this area, but not because of anything of me, I've learned to give it to the Lord and watch the emotion sail away like a little sailboat in the wind. I wish it didn't take so much practice though! And I know  it's something I'll continue to practice :-) 

Do not pray for easy lives; pray to be stronger [men and women]! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers; pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be a miracle. --Phillip Brooks

0 comments:

Post a Comment