Thursday, December 22, 2011

Favorite

 This is my all-time favorite Christmas tradition for our family. I am greatful for the hands and hearts that put together this spectacular production. I am also thankful that my husband and kids bear the hour-long line and the cold for me who enjoys it more than any of them. It is a theatrical walk-through play of God's great Love for us, and His desire to rescue us, as seen from the time of Moses through Jesus birth and resurrection.
God rescued the Israelites and delivered them from Pharoah. Those spots are water spray on us as
 we follow our leader Moses as we walk through the parted Red Sea.

God rescued Meshach, Shadrach and Abenigo when they were thrown in the fiery furnace
because they would only bow down to God, not an idol.

God loved us so much that He sent His only begotten Son.

Jesus paid the debt for our sins and made a way to heaven for those who believe in Him as their Lord and Savior.


The boys rocked back and forth as they sang "We Three Kings" as we were in line.

They are SO excited that it is their turn to ride the camel, they can't contain themselves!
[So fun that they were just singing We 3 Kings]


By the end of the evening, we had cold toes and refreshed hearts, walking through our living reminder of   Jesus Christ in CHRISTmas.
As we drove away, our youngest one said, "At least Christmas is every year." With further probing from me, he said, "We don't have to wait too long for it to happen again!" The next morning our oldest one shared, "I loved every part of it!" That's a blessing to hear, because I can't wait til next time!

1 comments:

  1. oh how I miss The living nativity. That was so much fun. it looks like they added some scenes this year to it. I loved reading your post about your tradition! it was my favorite thing too! merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete