Saturday, March 28, 2009

Six On Saturday - Easter

I'm "thinking aloud"..and now, all these borrowed ideas are collected in one place! I am excited about adding new traditions this year - New Preparations for Easter! Some of our favorites have been "resurrection egg" hunt, story books about forgiveness, Friday story time at Berean, a resurrection cake.

My friend Jenn shared an encouraging blog with me - Monday Motivation and More - written by her colleague, Beth Lambdin. Pete and I enjoy sharing our faith with our children through the holidays; and Beth has GREAT ways to put this in practice!

So, this year, I hope to add:1. Make Hot Cross Buns to enjoy on Good Friday!

http://bethlambdin.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/pictures-from-good-friday/

2. Re-enacting Jesus' Triumphant entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. http://bethlambdin.wordpress.com/2008/03/16/holy-week-begins-celebrating-palm-sunday/

3. On Thursday, we may have a Last Supper snack (a tray of apples • pita bread • cheese • grapes).

4. On Good Friday, reading an account of Jesus death on the cross, then blowing out candles and being in darkness.

http://bethlambdin.wordpress.com/2008/03/21/good-friday/

5. Family Baking - Easter Sugar Cookies.
6. Sunrise Service this year for the first time! I like this bright spring table decor for Easter.

Oooh, I am excited! this is fun :) I love the idea of these traditions continuing as a way to honor our relationship with Jesus, even after the kids move onto the next season in their lives (on their own & raising families) maybe they'll come back to join us or start their own traditions.




















1 comments:

  1. Resurrection cake:
    [grease & flour a 2quart oven safe measuring bowling & bake a regular cake mix in it. I let it cool & invert it on a plate. Frost it with chocolate frosting all over. On one side I scoop a hole out to represent the empty tomb of Jesus. we use a round cookie for the
    rolled away stone. On top of the cake put 3 crosses made of pretzels
    glued with icing, some green tinted coconut for grass, & in colored
    frosting on the side above the "tomb" we wrote "He is Risen"].

    ReplyDelete