2. Then we received the voicemail, that my parents return to San Diego has been cancelled, because my father is too ill to travel. He's now on antibiotics, and if don't work, the doctor will admit him to the hospital to administer dextrose. It's been diagnosed as an "amoeba"; however, the medical terminology may be different or translate differently. I'm not sure what that is. We prayed with the kids when sharing the news...and I continue to pray for peace and healing. About mid-morning, Aidon said, "it's okay mom. we already prayed. don't panic".
3. We sure to miss Lolo and Lola, are excited for their return, and were already preparing the way. At least Lolo can heal there, without his kids and grandkids, waiting outside the bedroom door to hang out with him.
4. Josh has a little dry cough that became more frequent today. He'll take liquids, pureed frozen strawberries (we call it "sorbet"), plain bread,and wet fruit - but isn't into eating much else. maybe just a cold coming on?
5. I get to try a recipe that is new to me while the kids nap right now.
I've had it before and it's yummy:
5 cups angel food cake cubes
3 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup cold milk
1 pint vanilla ice cream
3 oz pkg strawberry jello
1.5 cup boiling water
10 oz pkg frozen strawberries
Place cake cubes in 9x13 glass baking dish.
In mixing bowl, combine pudding and milk, add ice cream, beat at low speed until well blended. Pour over cake cubes and put dish in fridge
Disolve jello in boiling water and then add frozen strawberries. Stir until mixtures is well blended. Put this in refrigerator until it begins to thicken and then pour over pudding mixture- do not stir. Chill to set and enjoy.
That was a GREAT refreshing dessert tonight - thank you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your dad, Gina. I'll pray for healing for him, too!
ReplyDelete