Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Josh's exciting surgery (titled by Josh himself)


We just arrived at the hospital!
Josh is here for outpatient surgery, and the blessings of a Children's Hospital is the beauty to capture a child's mind....

Ready and waiting for surgery. We took advantage of the time and we read books together.  Josh shared his fears with us, then with his doctor, asking "I'm worried your gonna start before I fall asleep." Dr. B encouraged him, "It'll be okay. I'll wait for you. We'll do it together." We shared a group hug, and off they went to the Operating Room.


Roaming around, waiting to be called to the recovery room.




His nurse complemented that he didn't look like he had surgery!
He looked great!


Dr. B reminds me of the type of doctor in the movie Patch Adams. COMPLETELY endearing, Silly, FUN, gives from the HEART, professional, and excellent at his work. He clearly LOVES the role of physician. We have been blessed that he's been a part of our journey  for the past 4 and a half years.
 God's hand was on this surgery. I appreciated that Josh could articulate his concerns to Doctor B. Doing so, Dr. B was able to address Josh's fears directly. Josh said his favorite part of this day, was the surgery! Later, when friends asked how it went, he said, "I LOVED my surgery!" Thank you God for your faithfulness. We just had Josh's follow up appointment and all is healed. Praise God, the Ultimate Physician, who made His presence known.

1 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so glad he is ok. he handled it so well and what a great doctor.

    ReplyDelete