Friday, August 3, 2012

A Bear's Turf


With our kids growing and changing, Pete and I had more opportunities to step across rocks atop the river, or walk through the river bed. This reminded me much of our previous days of long hikes. We took a couple hours to "test out" a hike, and it was confirmed that the kids are more of the age of exploring through water, rather than on land hikes.

The Bubbs Creek trail was mainly forest floor (which I love) and dry rocky areas. What brought the boys joy, was stopping to skip rocks, or sitting on a rock to have lunch.
Our older son had no desire to get wet, so me and our younger son, crossed this shallow ankle deep water while they took the orange bridge.
This is our view from where Josh and I were standing. A bear! It showed up a minute or two after they crossed the orange bridge.

Back at the campsite, we walked to the river to find our friends and to cool off.


0 comments:

Post a Comment