When I see an event like intergenerational gardening or our school's garden club;
I think, "ooh! how fun!"
They enjoy gardening.
Time just passes all too quickly. Life is Short. The Lord has been speaking to my heart for a couple years about not stepping back into my "overscheduled" routine that I am so comfortable in. My grandmother will be 94 this year, and I think I've taken for granted the opportunity for one-on-one time with her. My boys, my sister and I were able to play bingo with her last night. And then, while the boys bonded with my sister, I enjoyed hearing about Oma's life as a teen and in her early twenties. Oma's feet had a bubbling warm water foot massage and I manicured and painted her nails, while I got to hear the tales of life long ago. She recalls working as a shoemaker, manicurist, hair stylist, and launderer from age 15 throughout her adult life.| touching up my mess-ups already |
Gina, I love this post. You are right, the time is precious and how wonderful you are listening to the Spirits prompting to spend time with family. I love that you gave her a pedicure and she was able to tell you stories. Priceless.
ReplyDeleteSo incredibly wonderful. The Lord is speaking to me too, about slowing down... I usually run ahead. This time I'm listening, holding back, holding on, cherishing... all those things we never see because we are racing ahead, living in the future. Being present is such a gift. Thanks for sharing!! -- Lauren
ReplyDeleteThat is so great that your grandma is still around. Lucky lady.
ReplyDeleteU are so sweet Gina!! I'm coming over to play bingo with u guys in the near future. Hopefully next month =)
ReplyDelete