Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We were blessed with fellowship on Thanksgiving Night that has been founded on many years of friendship. The first generation (our parents) refers to themselves as the "oldies but goodies" have been hanging out since the 1960s and they started sharing some holidays in the 1970s until it became an annual tradition in the 1980s. 
I am thankful for the endurance of this tradition, through 3 generations. As I've entered middle-age, I have come to appreciate seeing how each family grows and changes through the seasons of life.... for at least the past 30 some years!! Special thanks to the faithful families who have hosted in the past. Thank you Jesus!
sisters
These two busy playing plants vs. zombies
Watching football (foreground) and playing chess (background)
the kitchen is often a favorite spot for great conversations. Food: yummy pumpkin soup in a pumpkin!
Facing off with a staring contest
Typical lounging in the family room
Beautiful ladies
Sweet friendship

Starting to feast on the main dishes after prayer




0 comments:

Post a Comment