Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday 2011


Josh said, "I am waiting to go the park with dad!" We had talked about the four of us going to the park together after Maundy Thursday dinner. So, Josh says, "Yeah, like Jesus went to the Garden (of Gethsemane)."
 
So early this morning, we went to the park, so we could reenact what happened in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus went there with his closest friends. Here, Josh wanted 3 of us to 'fall asleep' while Jesus prayed:
A couple of us wanted to pray like Jesus did: "God, we commit our lives to Your plan, not our plan, for our lives."

Jesus said YES to the Father. We can say yes too.






Back at home, we made 'hot cross buns'.
The buns are iced with a cross shape.
We then headed over to Good Friday Service to join more brothers and sisters in Christ to worship Jesus together!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post about Good Friday Gina! I enjoyed the photos as well. Love you all, Missy, Paul and Nico

    ReplyDelete