Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I can serve Jesus by...

This was the year that the kids really "got into" giving to a child in need through Operation Christmas Child. To keep them and myself in the practice "giving"; we have been sorting through boxes of gently used toys to pass on to our second and third cousins in the Philippines.

The scribble attached to the kids' piggy (giving) bank refers to people who had little, yet gave a lot -- 2 Cor 8:2 "Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty, they welled up in rich generosity".

the kids' take home craft from november 29th: It seems obvious to pass things on to those in need. However; being someone whose worked with preschoolers for over a decade AND who appreciates the value of developmental toys -- I have a hard time letting go of quality educational toys. I have passed this subconscious "holding on" to my young'ns. This week, we sorted through toys again, and filled another large box with toys to send out to the Philippines. Thank You Jesus for teaching us, by your example, to serve, give or sacrifice. We are so blessed, I am grateful for Jesus' sacrifice. He gave it ALL. Because God loves each of you and us, and God fills us with His Love, we have love to share. The "so much" we have to give, is such a relatively small gesture when I reflect on what Jesus gave each of you and me. and yet, I personally still need to put into practice giving up things I want or like. Lord, keep working on my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment